Monday, January 7, 2013

☺ Motivational Mondays! ☺



We're taking back Mondays!!!
"Motivational Mondays" are fabulous tips to get you excited and pumped for the week! 
Feeling low? Moody? Down on life? Well, that's what these posts are for! Time to feel awesome again and get some Positivity rolling! Just because it's Monday doesn't mean you can't have fun, smile, and enjoy Today! Apply these tips to your week and try to tell me that you don't start to see an improvement in your life! ;)
It's all about You! Change your perception, change your attitude, love your life! xo


Declare Your Awesome Day! When you first wake up in the morning declare "I am going to have an Awesome Day!!!" Before you go to bed at night, give thanks for the awesome day that you just had, even if it wasn't perfect, give thanks for what went well and imagine that it Was perfect. Then start over again. Before you even open your eyes in the morning, before you get out of bed, announce to yourself that you are going to have an awesome, magical, loving, joyful day! And watch the magic happen! ;)   
Set your Intentions! Okay, let's start the New Year off right, shall we? I love revisiting this exercise because it's incredibly powerful and motivating, and sets you on the right track. Get out a big piece of paper, or several pieces of paper, and write down what you want your life to be like, and what you want your Self to be like. Write it out in the present tense, as if this is the life you Do have right Now. Get very specific and clear, and write down as much as you'd like--better to go too big than too small. Revisit this list as often as you'd like, adding things to it as you please and saying to yourself this is Now.  
Foody Food Helpful, or not? People worry so much about all the food they eat over the holidays, but what they really need to worry about is what they eat the rest of the year. I cannot emphasize how much food affects your mood. I cannot cannot cannot. Because it's something you will not realize until you stop eating crap or things that your body has a hard time with. For myself, I cannot eat refined sugars, cane sugar, wheat, or spelt without feeling tired, irritable, and unsettled in my stomach. These are subtle, and I used to eat these things all the time. It is not until you cut them out that you realize what a huge effect they have on our bodies and minds. Figure out what you can and can't eat, what should be eaten in extreme moderation, and so forth. Trust me! It is one of the best things you can do for your Happiness! 
Watch "Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead" My mom has been telling me to watch this documentary for forever. I finally did. Now I will tell you what she told me; You Must watch this movie! It is incredibly inspiring and insightful and makes you Want to do something good for your health and eat right. It will motivate you and realize why food is so important. So watch it… immediately! ;)  
Waking up feeling not so great? At least Try to alter your mood. I get it, sometimes it's difficult, but trying means you're climbing back out instead of spiralling out of control so that the whole rest of your day is horrid. Do whatever it is that you need to do to uplift your mood. For me, if I wake up feeling kind of tense and super tired, I haul my ass out of bed and jump on my elliptical for a hardcore workout. I almost always wake right up and feel better. Sometimes I still need to pay attention and work on things throughout the day if it's "one of those days." But like I said, trying means you're doing a better job than spiralling and moping and complaining. So climb dammit! Climb!!! 
Make Someone Smile! It is your goal this week to make someone smile, or even better, laugh, every single day. Do whatever you need to do, but do it. I'll start… by sharing this absolutely adorable and silly photo of this kitty below. ;)
There is a saying by Virginia Satir, a respected family therapist, “We need four hugs a day for survival. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for growth.” Have you gotten in your hugs today? Put in a conscious effort to get in more hugs, both to receive and give. Everyone could use more hugs after all. :) 


Hope your New Year is off to a beautiful and positive start! :) 
Much Love from me to you! 
Create a Nice Day and Create a Nice Year! xo


Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping