Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ⓥ Vegan Kitchen: Vegan Pesto! Ⓥ



Mmmmm, Pesto! So delicious as a pasta sauce or a spread in a grilled cheese sandwich. I used to love the stuff but haven't had it since going Vegan. Finally, I decided to make some for myself since I didn't really have a good excuse not to and it was simply calling for me to make some. 
This recipe is super quick and easy, although pine nuts are pretty expensive so it's a bit of a treat and I advice only to buy how much you need ;). But this recipe goes a long way so half it if you don't need very much.   

Without further ado... 

Vegan Pesto:

2 ½ cups fresh Basil
½ cup fresh Parsley
½ cup Pine Nuts
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Vegan Cheese (I use Daiya Mozarella)
2 tablespoons Miso

Process all the ingredients in a food processor, adding water slowly to desired paste-like consistency. Makes approx. 1 cup... ish, I didn't measure so I'm kind of guessing ;)

And there you have delicious Pesto! As already said, makes a great base for a pasta sauce and sandwich spread! 
I made a delicious grilled "sandwich" the other day with; toasted gluten-free bread, pesto spread, tofu balls sliced/flattened, and Daiya mozzarella cheese melted over top. Yum!!






If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

2 comments:

  1. Super yummy pesto! I surely will try this recipe! As always, thank you for sharing, Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont often have pasta, especially because I am pretty much limited to rice pasta which can be pricey :p but I loooove pesto in grilled "cheese" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping