Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ⓥ Vegan Kitchen: Apple Cinnamon Pulp Muffins! Ⓥ


I cannot believe how amazing these turned out! Another experiment using the leftover pulp from juicing, this timing using just apple pulp. Of course, you would need a juicer for this recipe, or else a friend who is willing to give you there fresh juice pulp. But if you don't have a juicer I highly recommend getting one anyway. ;)

These are sugar-free, gluten-free, flour-less, vegan (of course), and sooo good for you and absolutely delicious! Who knew you could get such a moist perfect little muffin that is oh-so good for you and free of the most common allergens! 
I think this is now my favorite muffin recipe! :) 


Apple Cinnamon Pulp Muffins:

1 medium Apple (cored and chopped into slightly smaller pieces)
1 ripe Banana
1 cup Dates
1 cup Apple Pulp (from a juicer)
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Almond Butter

2 cups Oats
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt


Now there's a particular method that works better here for making this a perfect texture so bare with me, it sounds more tedious than it actually is ;)...

Preheat oven to 325°.

In a food processor, process the apple until "mushy." Add the Banana, process again. Add Dates (you guessed it!) process again--don't be scared if the dates make your food processor jump a bit ;). Add the Apple juice pulp and process again. 
Add the Almond Butter, Cinnamon, and Vanilla and process one more time until the mixture is pretty smooth. 

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, salt, baking soda and powder. Stir in the other mixture until well-combined and you get a "batter" like consistency--just keep in mind that these are not regular muffins so the consistency will be different, they should hold together but still be quite moist. 

Lightly oil a muffin tray. Pour batter into tray and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes--until you can stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean. 
Now OCD people may cringe but this made 11 muffins, one poor little spot was left alone. ;)

These are fabulous and I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my husband did! 


Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy! And I love the taste of apple + cinnamon, so these sound very enticing... now to get onto a juicer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever since I've owned a juicer (which has been about 5 or 6 years now) I can't live without one ;) I cant believe its taken me this long to actually use the pulp for something haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writting is very good.i enjoy your blog.It doesn not matter which topic are you writting about.I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww well thank you, I appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping