Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ⓥ Vegan Kitchen: Apple Cinnamon Pulp Muffins! Ⓥ


I cannot believe how amazing these turned out! Another experiment using the leftover pulp from juicing, this timing using just apple pulp. Of course, you would need a juicer for this recipe, or else a friend who is willing to give you there fresh juice pulp. But if you don't have a juicer I highly recommend getting one anyway. ;)

These are sugar-free, gluten-free, flour-less, vegan (of course), and sooo good for you and absolutely delicious! Who knew you could get such a moist perfect little muffin that is oh-so good for you and free of the most common allergens! 
I think this is now my favorite muffin recipe! :) 


Apple Cinnamon Pulp Muffins:

1 medium Apple (cored and chopped into slightly smaller pieces)
1 ripe Banana
1 cup Dates
1 cup Apple Pulp (from a juicer)
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Almond Butter

2 cups Oats
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt


Now there's a particular method that works better here for making this a perfect texture so bare with me, it sounds more tedious than it actually is ;)...

Preheat oven to 325°.

In a food processor, process the apple until "mushy." Add the Banana, process again. Add Dates (you guessed it!) process again--don't be scared if the dates make your food processor jump a bit ;). Add the Apple juice pulp and process again. 
Add the Almond Butter, Cinnamon, and Vanilla and process one more time until the mixture is pretty smooth. 

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, salt, baking soda and powder. Stir in the other mixture until well-combined and you get a "batter" like consistency--just keep in mind that these are not regular muffins so the consistency will be different, they should hold together but still be quite moist. 

Lightly oil a muffin tray. Pour batter into tray and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes--until you can stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean. 
Now OCD people may cringe but this made 11 muffins, one poor little spot was left alone. ;)

These are fabulous and I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my husband did! 


Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy! And I love the taste of apple + cinnamon, so these sound very enticing... now to get onto a juicer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever since I've owned a juicer (which has been about 5 or 6 years now) I can't live without one ;) I cant believe its taken me this long to actually use the pulp for something haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hud would probably love these.. apples and cinnamon - perfect!

    My blender is a horror, it doesn't really blend anything that isn't already blended.. I really should invest in a better one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writting is very good.i enjoy your blog.It doesn not matter which topic are you writting about.I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww well thank you, I appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping