Friday, June 29, 2012

☆ Fatal Attraction: Chemicals and Cosmetics ☆

Okay, so I've written before about the "Dirty Dozen (Chemicals to avoid in Cosmetics)" and the two part "Dying to be Beautiful" & "Don't Want to Die to be Beautiful," but you can always use more information on the chemical industry of cosmetics... and because, quite frankly, people still don't know what they're actually putting on their skin. 
So, today I am sharing another informative infographic (yup, we're on a role with these things) thanks to cosmetologyschool.org




Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me feel better to know that at least the EU is a bit more conscious about what chemicals are let loose at the population...

    Now, to find a way to avoid supporting companies that test in animals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, eh?! I don't think testing on animals is a solution for cosmetics safety. Companies just need to get back to real good-for-you ingredients. Etsy is good for that (sometimes) and there are lots of great companies out there, just gotta look for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, its so crazy! I've been looking non stop the past two days for natural, AND cruelty free liquid foundation and eyeliner. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack-- at least to find one with decent reviews.

    I don't wear make up often at all, due to the difficulties of finding reliable companies that use natural/organic ingredients, and well, I'm too lazy to put that much effort into my looks daily...plus it usually messes with the natural balance of your skin...but occasionally I like to play dress up-and I don't think doing so should mess with the environment, animals, or my own health.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping