Tuesday, May 28, 2013

☼ Grow your own damn Food! ☼


. . . . . . . . . .
These weekly posts are to share the progress of our garden; sharing photos and our gardening experiments and will hopefully inspire you to grow your own garden too! :) 
. . . . . . . . . .


 I feel as if this week I reached ultimate hippie status; running around outside in a crazy wind storm and pouring rain with tarps and frost protection sheets trying to protect our little garden. My only hope is that our landlords could see me because I bet it was funny to watch. I actually had a blast doing it; the rain was rather refreshing and I felt dutiful to our garden while Cory was tied up at work. Everything is fine thank goodness. We just weren't sure how bad it was going to get so happy that we did cover everything. 


As for the actual gardening this week… Last week we pulled up the bolted radishes and so we planted our tobacco plants this week. The tobacco plants are to ward off aphids and other pests in the garden, mainly to protect our kale which is usually the most prone to the buggers (haha). I'm not sure if we have any other use for it but that spot at the back of the bed is perfect and out of the way and will be our lovely garden soldiers. ;) 


We planted some new orach spinach since there is only one lonely one that came up--I believe the birds took the seeds of the others that were planted. 


Everything else is growing rather nicely. 


[happy lettuce / strawberries]

[spinach, broccoli, swiss chard]

[happy peas and cukes]

[broccoli]

We're holding off planting the beans until the weather warms up a bit or at least stops raining as much--or forecast for rain rather. I swear lately they just haven't clue about the weather.

Well that's all this week, I'm back off to work some more which will be consuming most of my time as the market season approaches! Bye bye for now, hope you're having a lovely day!

[happy bumblebee]   


Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping