Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ⓥ Vegan Kitchen: Raw Vegan Potluck! Ⓥ


 
My siblings and I finally were able to get together to have our mini little "Christmas" which I enjoyed more as a welcoming in the New Year. We decided to have a Raw Potluck instead of something more "traditional" and I was extremely happy about it as I haven't been to a Raw potluck yet. I've been wanting to move into a more raw diet for some time now and yesterday was, at least, easily made into a Raw food day. After the potluck though I am much more enthusiastic about a raw diet and that it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. Let me tell you, the food was amazing! I was ecstatic! 



It was also funny because the boys are the ones that ended up doing all the "cooking"… well, making of the food (since raw food is not cooked ;)). Cory made his Juice Pulp Burgers in the dehydrator, and some Garlic Mashed "Potatoes" which was actually processed Cauliflower. He followed the recipe I gave him from one of my Mom's Raw Recipe books, but it ended up being suuuuper Garlicky. I always forget how much stronger raw garlic is, especially when it's local and organic. I'm going to play with the recipe to find out the perfect amount, but aside from the overwhelming sting-your-tongue garlic flavour, the texture and fluffiness was perfect and delicious! 
My brother Max made Zucchini Pasta and an amazing Tomato Sauce. 
And Scott, my sister Isis's partner, made a delicious Kale and Broccoli "Fettucini" cashew sauce. 


I have to say again and again how amazing the food was because I simply can't find the words to tell you just how awesome it was. Like I said, I am now much more hopeful that I could actually move to a mainly raw diet. And I encourage you to give it a try as well. Both my siblings have the "Rawsome"  recipe book--which I am now going to pick up--and I have one of Ani Phyo's Raw Books which is amazing as well. These are two of my recommendations for recipe books to pick up but I am sure I will find many more to recommend to you. :) 

Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday! xo


Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping