Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ⓥ Vegan Kitchen: Matcha SoyGurt NoGurt! Ⓥ



This was one of my first recipes when I decided to start making "NoGurt." I always started my mornings with smoothies and then one morning I felt like something different but still wanted something delicious and creamy--and to still start my day with protein and fruit. This came about because I also wanted a bit of a "wake up" and since I don't drink coffee Matcha is the magical solution.  
Matcha is fantastic and super healthy for you--a great alternative to coffee if you need some energy! 

Some Matcha Facts:

It has approximately 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice, 9 times the beta-carotene of spinach, and has more antioxidant power than blueberries. 
The health benefits of Matcha may also include:

* Significantly increases energy (over 8-10 hours) without the caffeine 'jitters'
* Improves mental alertness
* Increases calmness and reduces stress
* Boosts metabolic rate by 35-40% in regular drinkers, facilitating weight loss
* Powerful 'anti-aging' activity due to super-charged antioxidants
* Lowers blood pressure
* Decreases levels of LDL or 'bad' cholesterol
* Minimizes symptoms of PMS
* Super immune-boosting activity due to high levels of polyphenols and catechins
* Stabilizes blood sugar levels
* Powerful anti-biotic and anti-viral activity
* Strong blood cleanser/detoxifier and alkalizer due to high chlorophyll content.

Cool eh?  

Matcha "Soygurt"

1 Ripe Banana
1/4 block of Medium Tofu
1/2-1 tsp Matcha Green tea Powder
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1/4 Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/4 cup Water

Throw all the ingredients together in a food processor (or high-speed blender) and blend until creamy, slowly adding the water until you get a nice thick smooth consistency. You may want to add a bit more sweetener depending on your taste buds. The trick is making sure the banana is super ripe, if it's just barely ripe or still a bit green it won't be as sweet. 
Makes 1-2 servings. 


Great over granola or fresh fruit! Come to think of it, this would be amazing over pancakes too!

Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh, seems super easy and super yummy! Thanks for the recipe, I love matcha everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me tooooo! I'm obsessed!!! it's sooooo good!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know anyplace i can get it cheap/cheap-ish? xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, I think the Co-op has it in bulk. I buy the big $60 bags haha, but it lasts me the year and I have it almost every day so it's worth it for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaaaaaaaaaaay found a 100 bag box of it at costco xD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping