This was one of my first recipes when I decided to start making "NoGurt." I always started my mornings with smoothies and then one morning I felt like something different but still wanted something delicious and creamy--and to still start my day with protein and fruit. This came about because I also wanted a bit of a "wake up" and since I don't drink coffee Matcha is the magical solution.
Matcha is fantastic and super healthy for you--a great alternative to coffee if you need some energy!
Some Matcha Facts:
It has approximately 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice, 9 times the beta-carotene of spinach, and has more antioxidant power than blueberries.
The health benefits of Matcha may also include:
* Improves mental alertness
* Increases calmness and reduces stress
* Boosts metabolic rate by 35-40% in regular drinkers, facilitating weight loss
* Powerful 'anti-aging' activity due to super-charged antioxidants
* Lowers blood pressure
* Decreases levels of LDL or 'bad' cholesterol
* Minimizes symptoms of PMS
* Super immune-boosting activity due to high levels of polyphenols and catechins
* Stabilizes blood sugar levels
* Powerful anti-biotic and anti-viral activity
* Strong blood cleanser/detoxifier and alkalizer due to high chlorophyll content.
1 Ripe Banana
1/4 block of Medium Tofu
1/2-1 tsp Matcha Green tea Powder
1 tsp Agave Nectar
1/4 Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/4 cup Water
Throw all the ingredients together in a food processor (or high-speed blender) and blend until creamy, slowly adding the water until you get a nice thick smooth consistency. You may want to add a bit more sweetener depending on your taste buds. The trick is making sure the banana is super ripe, if it's just barely ripe or still a bit green it won't be as sweet.
Makes 1-2 servings.
Great over granola or fresh fruit! Come to think of it, this would be amazing over pancakes too!
If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.