Saturday, April 13, 2013

{life reflections}



. . . . . . . . . . 
{life reflections}
 Weekly thoughts and rambles. A glimpse into my mind and world. 
These are entries that I might jot down in my Happy Diary; what happens when we put our fingers to the keyboard and allow our thoughts to flow uninhibited. Reflections from the soul. 
Reflections of life.  

I hope to leave you inspired. 
If you want to share your own reflections of the week please leave a link to your "life reflections" entry in the comments for all to find and see.
. . . . . . . . . .

It's been an interesting week. Being self-employed means work can come in waves. There are times when you're struggling, and other times when you're so busy you don't know what to do with yourself. Truth is, even when sales are slow, I'm still busy. Maybe I take on too many projects, but it doesn't feel that way, not when these projects are things that I enjoy and live for. And that's what life should be about (aside from the meaning of life, which is to be Happy); chasing your passions. No, wait… not "chasing," Living! Living your passions. Yes, that's right. Okay, so, living your passions is what it's all about, it's what you should be doing, it's how you should be living your life. If you have dreams and aspirations that you've put on hold because of (insert reason here) then maybe it's time to dig those back up and make time to do them again. It's like what I talked about on Thursday about Thriving and not just Surviving; you spend so much time at your job that you Should enjoy it. This brings me to the wisdom I've seen before that if you don't enjoy your job then you're doing something wrong, and that you instead should be doing the job of your dreams instead of making excuses not to be doing so. 
I always wanted to be a writer. That was what I was going to go to University for. I'm glad that I didn't go to University, as it turns out life took me in a few circles anyway before I would get back into writing again. It's not just a hobby for me anymore, it's my way of passing along the lessons that I've learned in life so that I can help others. That was the other thing I wanted to do, was to help people. Both were things I didn't know how to make a career from. They were kind of pushed aside, but not really in a neglecting sort of manner, more of a twists and turns of life sort of manner that simply dropped them from my attention for a while. First I needed to work on myself. You can't do much for others if you're not helping yourself after all. So in my twirling life experiences, I became focussed on health, went vegetarian, went vegan, and wanted to write about it. I started blogging. One thing led to another and this blog has grown and expanded and unravelled into the beautiful place it is today. 
Funny how life does that?
I'm also drawing and writing fiction again, something I dropped when I was about sixteen or seventeen. I love writing. Did I mention that already? I'm not the best writer (although I did receive the Writing 12 award in school when I was a grade below that class), but that's not what I'm about anyways. Like most things in my life, I go with the flow, learn as I practice, and sort of just do my own thing. However that turns out, as long as I'm happy and enjoying myself, then I'm happy with it. I don't understand how people can get so caught up in the technicalities of Everythinggggg. I'm not that sort of person. Never have been. I don't really believe in "one answer" solutions. Life is too complex. Everything is too complex. Maybe that's why I never enjoyed math. 
Do I have a point? Right; Living your Passions. That's what we were talking about right? Or, rather, that I was rambling about. ;) (are smiley faces proper punctuality?) 
So, yes, Live your Passions. Don't get caught up in the hows and whys and technicalities. Focus on your passions and they will lead the way to your dreams one way or another. I always say, go with the flow instead of resisting things. Going with the flow is going with the current and it will bring you to wherever it is that you want to go. I promise. Promise promise. 


Well, that's my ramble for today. My friend got tattooed the other day and it has me desperately wanting to get tattooed again. I would start rambling about that but then you'd never leave my blog and I'm sure you have things to do and people to make smile, so I won't keep you any longer. ;) 
But I will leave you with a few articles I want to write about this week (that I will hopefully get to): Tattoo Standards; and Being Self Employed. Because I get quite a few questions about both these subjects. 
Anyway, let me know if there are other subjects you would love to see me write about (not that I don't already have a bizzilion ideas). And let me know about your lovely week, what you've been up to, your own "life reflections" (you can leave links to your own posts if you'd like, or just leave a rambling comment like me ;)). 

Much Love always always! xoxo

Photobucket

If you found this article to be helpful, please consider a small donation or visit the shop. Thank you for your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Save $100 on Blendtec Factory Recertified Blenders + Free Shipping